IMPORTANT: At the moment we are only considering candidates located in Latin America. Please do not apply if you are not located in Latin America.
We are product development experts focused on helping forward thinking entrepreneurs and small/medium sized companies convert their ideas into world-class technology products. We are a team of senior product strategists, designers and developers. At Empirical, we leverage deep business and technology expertise as well as proprietary processes to help minimize risks and increase the probability of success when developing technology products.
- Care about people first
- Strive to add value always
- Lead with integrity
- Have fun every step of the way
Our client is looking for a L1 Helpdesk Technician to handle the first level support requests that come in from their own clients. They are the first to touch a helpdesk ticket and make sure that the issue is handled quickly and the Client is informed of what to expect every step of the way.
What you'll be doing
- Providing a first point of contact for customers through our helpdesk, be that via phone, email or ticket
- Provide the Client with basic remote troubleshooting
- Use the client's Ticketing System to work on and resolve Helpdesk Tickets & Service Requests
- Make sure that Client Documentation in well maintained
- Review RMM dashboard and apply remediation actions as indicated by the client's Processes
- Escalate tickets that require Senior Helpdesk Engineer support
- Communicate to the client the status of their ticket every step of the way, notify them of any changes or outages related to their issue
- Submit Timesheets & Expense reports as indicated on their SOPs
- Identify, Communicate and Mitigate potential risks to the Service Manager and Clients
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Contribute to the process of innovative change effectively
- Undertake other duties as required by the Service Delivery Coordinator, Service Manager or CTO
Your qualifications and experience
- A love of (and ability to) Solve Problems & Challenges
- Great Communications skills, founded in being a good listener
- An understanding of support tools, techniques and how technology is used to provide services
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately while talking on the phone
- A deep desire to deliver an amazing Client Experience
- Knowledge of IT Applications, Software & Hardware
- The ability to speak both Geek and human
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System
- Familiar with Business Applications, Printers and Basic Networking
- The ability to be patient with people when they are struggling
- IT literate – Advanced user level
- A desire to learn and explore new technologies
- Experience using a Ticketing system / RMM Tool and PSA software
- Experience providing support via remote tools
- Experience handling Technical Service Tickets
- Experience and knowledge of working with the Microsoft 365 Platform
- Strong understanding of operating systems (Windows & MacOS), business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Professional IT Certifications such as Comptia A+, Net+, Microsoft, etc.
- Client Experience Certifications such as Helpdesk Habits etc.
- Experience working either on a Helpdesk or for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) / IT Support Business.
What we expect from you
- 100% alignment with our core values!
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative team player
- Comfortable working with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and a pragmatic approach towards solving problems
- Ability to work independently and get things done with minimal direction
- Drive projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly collaborative team player
What we offer
- Remote/flexible work
- Highly competitive compensation in US dollars
- Opportunities for personal and professional development; mentorship, coaching and training as needed
- Ongoing, 40 hours per week dedication
- The opportunity to be part of an amazing, multicultural community of tech experts
Why work with us?
- We pride ourselves on our core values and have proven that putting people first creates a thriving and collaborative work environment.
- We seek to accommodate and balance individual needs with client needs, understanding each one of us is unique.
- We offer benefits such as remote/flexible work, selective paid training, mentorship programs, referral programs and more.
- We are selective in the projects we take on to ensure our teams are engaged in challenging, meaningful, enjoyable opportunities that will provoke creativity, innovation and growth!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying