Empirical is a product development company based in San Diego, CA, established with a single-minded focus: create successful tech products that customers love! We help forward thinking entrepreneurs and small/medium sized companies convert their ideas into world-class products. To do so, we leverage proven/proprietary processes that help minimize risk and increase the probability of success and are executed by our team of top design and engineering talent.
Our core values
- We put people first
- Strive to add value always
- Lead with integrity
- Have fun every step of the way
We are looking for a solid Senior Mobile Engineer who can help us build world class tech products. We are working on internal as well as client projects. We are looking for high energy candidates, who enjoy learning and taking every interaction as an opportunity to add value and grow. We are looking for lifelong learners, eager to take on challenges and are not afraid of stepping up to solve and tackle exciting challenges.
You will work on an ongoing project within a fast-growing start up (backed by a Fortune 100 company) that provides free, on-demand transportation to local communities in the U.S. through their mobile app.
Your qualifications and experience
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years knowledge in mobile app development
- 2+ years of experience developing in Flutter
- Extensive experience analyzing, designing and developing APIs
- Experience building real time applications
- Experience with integrating APIs, third-party libraries and SDKs
- Usage and knowledge of tools related to performance view, memory view , multithreading, networking & security
- Familiar with current trends and best practices in mobile development
- Advanced English level (excellent communication skills – speaking, writing, grammar and spelling)
Nice to haves
- Experience using mapbox
- Experience with localization within app ( English, Spanish, etc... )
- Formal or informal experience in UX/UI design
What we expect from you
- 100% alignment with our core values!
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative team player
- Comfortable driving projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and a pragmatic approach towards solving problems
What we offer
- Remote/flexible work
- Highly competitive compensation in US dollars
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- The opportunity to be part of an amazing, multicultural community of tech experts
Why work with us?
- We pride ourselves on our core values and have proven that putting people first creates a thriving and collaborative work environment.
- We seek to accommodate and balance individual needs with client needs, understanding each one of us is unique.
- We offer benefits such as remote/flexible work, selective paid training, mentorship programs, referral programs and more.
- We are selective in the projects we take on to ensure our teams are engaged in challenging, meaningful, enjoyable opportunities that will provoke creativity, innovation and growth!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying