Empirical is a product development company based in San Diego, CA, established with a single-minded focus: create successful tech products that customers love! We help forward thinking entrepreneurs and small/medium sized companies convert their ideas into world-class products. To do so, we leverage proven/proprietary processes that help minimize risk and increase the probability of success and are executed by our team of top design and engineering talent.
- We put people first
- Strive to add value always
- Lead with integrity
- Have fun every step of the way
Looking for a solid senior software engineer who can help us build world class tech products. We are working on internal as well as client projects. We are looking for high energy candidates, who enjoy learning and taking every interaction as an opportunity to add value and grow. We are looking for lifelong learners, eager to take on challenges and are not afraid of stepping up to solve and tackle exciting challenges.
You will work on an ongoing project within a fast-growing company that has developed an IoT based solution to environmental monitoring that is superior to existing alternatives for its users and is gaining traction both in the U.S. and internationally. Our client is working with world class museums and is growing rapidly.
What we are looking for in the candidate:
Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth
Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements
Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment
Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
Your qualifications and experience
- 7+ years of experience as Software Engineer
- 5+ years of experience with Node.js
- 3+ years of experience with React
- Knowledge of database systems and SQL
- Experience in API design and maintenance
- English level Advanced (excellent communication skills – spoken word, written word, grammar and spelling.)
Nice to Have
- College degree finished
- Experience with AWS and cloud functions
- Experience with Flutter
- Experience with mobile and desktop app development
- Familiar with cloud services & technologies
- Previous success at startup / high growth stage organization
What we expect from you
- 100% alignment with our core values!
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative team player
- Comfortable working with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and a pragmatic approach towards solving problems
- Ability to work independently and get things done with minimal direction
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly collaborative team player
What we offer
- Remote/flexible work
- Highly competitive compensation in US dollars
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Ongoing, 40 hours per week dedication
- The opportunity to be part of an amazing, multicultural community of tech experts
Why work with us?
- We pride ourselves on our core values and have proven that putting people first creates a thriving and collaborative work environment.
- We seek to accommodate and balance individual needs with client needs, understanding each one of us is unique.
- We offer benefits such as remote/flexible work, selective paid training, mentorship programs, referral programs and more.
- We are selective in the projects we take on to ensure our teams are engaged in challenging, meaningful, enjoyable opportunities that will provoke creativity, innovation and growth!
- Have fun every step of the way (if we are not having fun, we are doing it wrong!).
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying