IMPORTANT: At the moment we are only considering candidates located in Latin America. Please do not apply if you are not located in Latin America.
Empirical empowers early and growth stage tech companies to create the right products in the right way by providing two pivotal services:
- Product & Technology Leadership: Our clients entrust critical decisions to our network of top-tier US-based CTOs and CPOs. We provide fractional, project, or advisory based support, combining highly experienced talent with a flexible approach.
- Product Development Teams: We provide our clients with high performing, senior product development talent through a scalable staff augmentation model and ongoing support. We focus on Latin America to find exceptional talent, with time zone and cultural compatibility.
We are proud to be a people first company, where we prioritize building meaningful, long lasting human connections with clients and team members alike, while embracing diversity and uniqueness. With this foundation and our focus on talent, we help create great products that people love.
- We put people first
- Strive to add value always
- Lead with integrity
- Have fun every step of the way
We're looking for a Lead Full-stack Engineer to join our client's team, you would be working directly with the Head of Engineering, Head of Product, to lead members of the contracted development teams to develop, deploy and support their platform. As part of an early stage company, you will be wearing multiple hats and working across multiple systems as they continue to scale. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a Senior Full-stack Engineer working in environments where they were responsible for all aspects for the software development lifecycle.
Our client is a technology start-up working to drive citizen engagement in climate change adaptation. You'd be joining the team at an exciting and pivotal time. This is an exciting opportunity to use your talent and skills to put a novel app into the market at a tipping point in public awareness and engagement in climate.
- Lead a global team of engineers
- Identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development area.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle; technical analysis and design, and development.
- Participate in database schema design changes
- Compile and review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
- Ensure all aspects of good design and construction are delivered
Your qualifications and experience
- Strong development skills and competencies including:
- React Native
- Track record of leadership - strong leadership qualities, including the ability to mentor and guide junior team members, lead cross-functional projects, and drive innovation within our engineering department.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure including but not limited to databases, servers and serverless functions.
- Development & CI/CD: Git, NPM, Docker.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fluency in verbal and written English essential.
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a software engineering role.
What we expect from you
- 100% alignment with our core values!
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative team player
- Comfortable working with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and a pragmatic approach towards solving problems
- Ability to work independently and get things done with minimal direction
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly collaborative team player
What we offer
- Remote/flexible work
- Highly competitive compensation in US dollars
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Ongoing, 40 hours per week dedication
- The opportunity to be part of an amazing, multicultural community of tech experts
Why work with us?
- We pride ourselves on our core values and have proven that putting people first creates a thriving and collaborative work environment.
- We seek to accommodate and balance individual needs with client needs, understanding each one of us is unique.
- We offer benefits such as remote/flexible work, selective paid training, mentorship programs, referral programs and more.
- We are selective in the projects we take on to ensure our teams are engaged in challenging, meaningful, enjoyable opportunities that will provoke creativity, innovation and growth!
- Have fun every step of the way (if we are not having fun, we are doing it wrong!).
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying