IMPORTANT: At the moment we are only considering candidates located in Latin America. Please do not apply if you are not located in Latin America.
Empirical empowers early and growth stage tech companies to create the right products in the right way by providing two pivotal services:
- Product & Technology Leadership: Our clients entrust critical decisions to our network of top-tier US-based CTOs and CPOs. We provide fractional, project, or advisory based support, combining highly experienced talent with a flexible approach.
- Product Development Teams: We provide our clients with high performing, senior product development talent through a scalable staff augmentation model and ongoing support. We focus on Latin America to find exceptional talent, with time zone and cultural compatibility.
We are proud to be a people first company, where we prioritize building meaningful, long lasting human connections with clients and team members alike, while embracing diversity and uniqueness. With this foundation and our focus on talent, we help create great products that people love.
- We put people first
- Strive to add value always
- Lead with integrity
- Have fun every step of the way
Looking for a solid senior software engineer who can help us build world class tech products. We are working on internal as well as client projects. We are looking for high energy candidates, who enjoy learning and taking every interaction as an opportunity to add value and grow. We are looking for lifelong learners, eager to take on challenges and are not afraid of stepping up to solve and tackle exciting challenges.
You will work on an ongoing project within a fast-growing company that has developed an IoT based solution to help preserve cultural heritage through environmental control technology. Most of the company's clients are well known museums in different parts of the world, where environmental monitoring is key for preserving valuable collections. They build products that empower these collections with sensors and analytics to manage temperature, humidity, and light, amongst other environmental variables.
Own all aspects of building, shipping, and maintaining enterprise software products
Contribute to developing a high velocity, high quality, high impact software engineering process
Develop solutions that meet the company’s reliability, performance, security, and scalability goals
Collaborate with executive leadership to determine technology direction and decisions
Work closely with executive leadership to identify risks and opportunities
Manage infrastructure including but not limited to databases, servers and serverless functions
Liaise with hardware vendor as technical point of contact to evaluate proposals and troubleshoot issues
Your qualifications and experience
- Experience as a Lead Engineer (or similar) for an enterprise production product
- 7+ years of experience as Software Engineer
- 5+ years of experience with Node.js
- 3+ years of experience with React
- Experience with cloud services and functions (knowledge of AWS preferred)
- Knowledge of database systems and SQL
- Experience in API design and maintenance
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code; experience with Terraform a plus
- Experience architecting new backend solutions
- English level Advanced (excellent communication skills – spoken word, written word, grammar and spelling.)
Nice to Have
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with mobile app development (Flutter preferred)
- Experience with IoT products, particularly low-power LoRaWAN devices
- Experience with bluetooth connectivity
- Experience with firmware development (Zephyr preferred)
- Proven success at startup / high growth stage organization
What we expect from you
- 100% alignment with our core values!
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative team player
- Comfortable working with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and a pragmatic approach towards solving problems
- Ability to work independently and get things done with minimal direction
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly collaborative team player
What we offer
- Remote/flexible work
- Highly competitive compensation in US dollars
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Ongoing, 40 hours per week dedication
- The opportunity to be part of an amazing, multicultural community of tech experts
Why work with us?
- We pride ourselves on our core values and have proven that putting people first creates a thriving and collaborative work environment.
- We seek to accommodate and balance individual needs with client needs, understanding each one of us is unique.
- We offer benefits such as remote/flexible work, selective paid training, mentorship programs, referral programs and more.
- We are selective in the projects we take on to ensure our teams are engaged in challenging, meaningful, enjoyable opportunities that will provoke creativity, innovation and growth!
- Have fun every step of the way (if we are not having fun, we are doing it wrong!).