IMPORTANT: At the moment we are only considering candidates located in Latin America. Please do not apply if you are not located in Latin America.
Empirical empowers early and growth stage tech companies to create the right products in the right way by providing two pivotal services:
- Product & Technology Leadership: Our clients entrust critical decisions to our network of top-tier US-based CTOs and CPOs. We provide fractional, project, or advisory based support, combining highly experienced talent with a flexible approach.
- Product Development Teams: We provide our clients with high performing, senior product development talent through a scalable staff augmentation model and ongoing support. We focus on Latin America to find exceptional talent, with time zone and cultural compatibility.
We are proud to be a people first company, where we prioritize building meaningful, long lasting human connections with clients and team members alike, while embracing diversity and uniqueness. With this foundation and our focus on talent, we help create great products that people love.
- Care about people first
- Strive to add value always
- Lead with integrity
- Have fun every step of the way
Our client has built a carbon emissions reduction platform that leading enterprise companies use to drive sustainability across every department and every role. Their software platform is purpose-built to enable companies to engage and activate their employees to accelerate Net Zero targets and drive real business value. They work with some of the most recognizable organizations in the world to help them maximize the impact of their climate actions across their business.
The Sr Full Stack Engineer with strong focus on Back End, to participate in the technical build out of their initial product with a hyper-focus on innovation and rapid iteration. The client is seeking an exceptional engineering talent that is profoundly committed to helping individuals and companies make major shifts to address climate change, who can create and scale high growth SaaS products while helping cultivate a dynamic company culture.
It is important that you have an understanding of, and can manage, the end-to-end lifecycle of a development project, from local development and version control, through to both front end and back end development, server setups and management, as well as deployment and maintenance processes. Being an integral part of a small startup, it is also important that you have the ability to prioritize and focus and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
What you'll be doing
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle; technical analysis and design, development, and unit test phases.
- Ability to identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development area.
- Compile and review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
- Ensure all aspects of good design and construction are delivered
- Working on backend nodejs APIs, react web UIs, and docker-based infrastructure
- Manage AWS infrastructure including but not limited to databases, servers and serverless functions
- Participate in database schema design changes
Your qualifications and experience
- 7+ years as a software engineer
- Solid experience working with Node
- Solid experience working with Typescript
- Expertise designing, developing, and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with multi-region / distributed systems
- Proficiency working with and developing using SQL databases/queries
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure / networking / devops
- Experience working with React
- Experience in both enterprise application development and 0 to 1 start-up phase development
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Ability to debug hard problems at every level of the stack
- Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
What we expect from you
- 100% alignment with our core values!
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative team player
- Comfortable working with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and a pragmatic approach towards solving problems
- Ability to work independently and get things done with minimal direction
- Drive projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly collaborative team player
What we offer
- Remote/flexible work
- Highly competitive compensation in US dollars
- Opportunities for personal and professional development; mentorship, coaching and training as needed
- Ongoing, 40 hours per week dedication
- The opportunity to be part of an amazing, multicultural community of tech experts
Why work with us?
- We pride ourselves on our core values and have proven that putting people first creates a thriving and collaborative work environment.
- We seek to accommodate and balance individual needs with client needs, understanding each one of us is unique.
- We offer benefits such as remote/flexible work, selective paid training, mentorship programs, referral programs and more.
- We are selective in the projects we take on to ensure our teams are engaged in challenging, meaningful, enjoyable opportunities that will provoke creativity, innovation and growth!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying