We are product development experts focused on helping forward thinking entrepreneurs and small/medium sized companies convert their ideas into world-class technology products. We are a team of senior product strategists, designers and developers. At Empirical, we leverage deep business and technology expertise as well as proprietary processes to help minimize risks and increase the probability of success when developing technology products.
- Care about people first
- Strive to add value always
- Lead with integrity
- Have fun every step of the way
We are looking for a Sr. Operations Manager, who can help maintain a high level of efficiency across multiple projects within the organization. We are working on internal as well as client projects. We are looking for high energy candidates, who enjoy learning and taking every interaction as an opportunity to add value and grow. We are looking for lifelong learners, eager to take on challenges and are not afraid of stepping up to solve and tackle exciting challenges.
You will work as an operations manager in charge of making sure the smooth operation of the various ongoing projects we are working on at Empirical. The job of our operation managers is critical to the success of the company and you will be responsible for the following 3 aspects: Individual Success, Project Success and Client Success
- Identify career growth opportunities for individual (trainings, certifications)
- Periodic 1:1 with the various members of the teams
- Coach, mentor, and help each member of the teams be successful
- Follow up with the various assigned project leads on a weekly basis, for project status, report, relationships, timelines, resources.
- Identify potential problems early on and implement preventive actions
- Identify opportunities for improving the management of the project
- Identify opportunities for improving the team dynamics, implement solutions, help the team succeed.
- Provide guidance on how to smooth out conflicts and unlock problems within a team
- Provide guidance, and mentorship, during planning, roadmaps, and communication within the team and with the external client
- Coach teams and project managers on good practices for project management
- Periodic follow up with clients, reporting status.
- Identify and propose solutions for potential risks
- Identify growth opportunities.
- Manage expectation, gain insights on how to make the engagement more valuable to the client.
Your qualifications and experience
- Technical background. 7+ years of experience as Software Engineer and Technical Leadership roles.
- Proven agile project management experience.
- Advanced English level (excellent communication skills – spoken word, written word, grammar and spelling)
- Proven ability to work independently, lead a software project, and mentor software engineers, product designers
Nice to Have
- Scrum Certification
- Project management certifications
- Experience in Customer/Client Success
What we expect from you
- 100% alignment with our core values!
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative team player
- Comfortable working with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and a pragmatic approach towards solving problems
- Ability to work independently and get things done with minimal direction
- Drive projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly collaborative team player
What we offer
- Remote/flexible work
- Highly competitive compensation in US dollars
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- The opportunity to be part of an amazing, multicultural community of tech experts
Why work with us?
- We pride ourselves on our core values and have proven that putting people first creates a thriving and collaborative work environment.
- We seek to accommodate and balance individual needs with client needs, understanding each one of us is unique.
- We offer benefits such as remote/flexible work, selective paid training, mentorship programs, referral programs and more.
- We are selective in the projects we take on to ensure our teams are engaged in challenging, meaningful, enjoyable opportunities that will provoke creativity, innovation and growth!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying