We are product development experts focused on helping forward thinking entrepreneurs and small/medium sized companies convert their ideas into world-class technology products. We are a team of senior product strategists, designers and developers. At Empirical, we leverage deep business and technology expertise as well as proprietary processes to help minimize risks and increase the probability of success when developing technology products.
- Care about people first
- Strive to add value always
- Lead with integrity
- Have fun every step of the way
We are looking for a solid Software Engineer who can help us build world class tech products. We are working on internal as well as client projects. We are looking for high energy candidates, who enjoy learning and taking every interaction as an opportunity to add value and grow. We are looking for lifelong learners, eager to take on challenges and are not afraid of stepping up to solve and tackle exciting challenges.
You will work on an ongoing project within a fast-growing start up that has created an IoT solution to revolutionize an existing industry.
Your qualifications and experience
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 5+ years of experience with React
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js
- Highly experienced with React Hooks and Context; familiar with Ionic UI framework and redux-observable
- Familiar with TDD or other automated testing methodology
- Experienced in TypeScript and TypeORM
- Experienced in using GraphQL & Apollo Suite (Server, Client) as well as GraphQL Subscriptions
- Experience working with Twilio Video
- Experience in the use of serverless framework
- Advanced English level (excellent communication skills – spoken word, written word, grammar and spelling)
Nice to Have
- Experience with AppSync / Node.js
- Knowledge of RxJS
- College degree finished
What we expect from you
- 100% alignment with our core values!
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative team player
- Comfortable working with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and a pragmatic approach towards solving problems
- Ability to work independently and get things done with minimal direction
- Drive projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly collaborative team player
What we offer
- Remote/flexible work
- Highly competitive compensation in US dollars
- Opportunities for personal and professional development; mentorship, coaching and training as needed
- Ongoing, 40 hours per week dedication
- The opportunity to be part of an amazing, multicultural community of tech experts
Why work with us?
- We pride ourselves on our core values and have proven that putting people first creates a thriving and collaborative work environment.
- We seek to accommodate and balance individual needs with client needs, understanding each one of us is unique.
- We offer benefits such as remote/flexible work, selective paid training, mentorship programs, referral programs and more.
- We are selective in the projects we take on to ensure our teams are engaged in challenging, meaningful, enjoyable opportunities that will provoke creativity, innovation and growth!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying