Empirical is a product development company based in San Diego, CA, established with a single-minded focus: create successful tech products that customers love! We help forward thinking entrepreneurs and small/medium sized companies convert their ideas into world-class products. To do so, we leverage proven/proprietary processes that help minimize risk and increase the probability of success and are executed by our team of top design and engineering talent.
Our core values
- We put people first
- Strive to add value always
- Lead with integrity
- Have fun every step of the way
About the opportunity
Looking for a solid senior technical product and project manager who can help us build world class tech products. We are working on internal as well as client projects. We are looking for high energy candidates, who enjoy learning and taking every interaction as an opportunity to add value and grow. We are looking for lifelong learners, eager to take on challenges and are not afraid of stepping up to solve and tackle exciting challenges. Opportunity to be part of the growing Empirical team including working closely with principals, clients, prospects, and project team members.
Your qualifications and experience
- 10+ years professional technology / business experience with minimum of 5 years of that time as an engineer.
- Completely fluent English skills (excellent communication skills – spoken word, written word, grammar and spelling.)
- SCRUM certification or equivalent experience
- Project planning, estimation and execution using agile practices
- Substantial client-facing experience
- Taken products from concept to launch and beyond
What we expect from you
- 100% alignment with our core values!
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative team player
- Comfortable working with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and a pragmatic approach towards solving problems
- Ability to work independently and get things done with minimal direction
- Drive projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly collaborative team player
- You are a note taker maestro. If there is no ticket or card for it, we should not be working on it or it should be created in the board attitude.
- You must be able to facilitate meetings take notes, and most importantly identify the level of detail that is required to share at any given interaction
- You strive to add value in every interaction
- You are flexible. You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with multiple projects and multiple teams alike. You are willing to take on the most challenging projects, problems, and conversations. You are happy working both independently and with others remotely.
What we offer
- Remote/flexible work
- Highly competitive compensation in US dollars
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- The opportunity to be part of an amazing, multicultural community of tech experts
Why work with us?
- We pride ourselves on our core values and have proven that putting people first creates a thriving and collaborative work environment.
- We seek to accommodate and balance individual needs with client needs, understanding each one of us is unique.
- We offer benefits such as remote/flexible work, selective paid training, mentorship programs, referral programs and more.
- We are selective in the projects we take on to ensure our teams are engaged in challenging, meaningful, enjoyable opportunities that will provoke creativity, innovation and growth!
- Have fun every step of the way (if we are not having fun, we are doing it wrong!).
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying