IMPORTANT: At the moment we are only considering candidates located in Latin America. Please do not apply if you are not located in Latin America.
We are product development experts focused on helping forward thinking entrepreneurs and small/medium sized companies convert their ideas into world-class technology products. We are a team of senior product strategists, designers and developers. At Empirical, we leverage deep business and technology expertise as well as proprietary processes to help minimize risks and increase the probability of success when developing technology products.
- Care about people first
- Strive to add value always
- Lead with integrity
- Have fun every step of the way
Our client empowers over tens of thousands of local restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. They are looking for engineers to grow their team and develop web services for both internal and restaurant facing applications using the latest technologies and design patterns available.
What you'll be doing
You will focus on building and maintaining backend services that support various client applications. You will collaborate with multiple other Engineers on the team and also with Product Managers while focusing on building products based on a roadmap. Go will be the primary programming language you’ll be working with, potentially touching on Ruby or Python on occasion too.
Your qualifications and experience
- 3+ years of experience working in consumer facing software development orgs
- Minimum of 1.5 years experience using at least two of: Golang, Python, Ruby. We’ll also consider other OO languages
- A Product Engineering mindset or better still, experience working in Product Engineering organisation as part of an agile cross functional team
- Experience working with one or more of AWS, GCP, Azure cloud environments
- Familiarity with microservice architectures, “backends-for-frontends”, that have powered consumer facing apps (these could be iOS, Android, React Native, Web based)
- A can-do, self starting attitude, you’ll embrace change and help others do the same through positive actions
What we expect from you
- 100% alignment with our core values!
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative team player
- Comfortable working with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and a pragmatic approach towards solving problems
- Ability to work independently and get things done with minimal direction
- Drive projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Strong documentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly collaborative team player
What we offer
- Remote/flexible work
- Highly competitive compensation in US dollars
- Opportunities for personal and professional development; mentorship, coaching and training as needed
- Ongoing, 40 hours per week dedication
- The opportunity to be part of an amazing, multicultural community of tech experts
Why work with us?
- We pride ourselves on our core values and have proven that putting people first creates a thriving and collaborative work environment.
- We seek to accommodate and balance individual needs with client needs, understanding each one of us is unique.
- We offer benefits such as remote/flexible work, selective paid training, mentorship programs, referral programs and more.
- We are selective in the projects we take on to ensure our teams are engaged in challenging, meaningful, enjoyable opportunities that will provoke creativity, innovation and growth!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying